"Even the ones who evacuated, like they moved the evacuation center. It's really scary," Nico said.
The Carr Fire is out of control.
"They are not optimistic about what tonight is going to look like at all," Nico added.
Nico's parents insisted the couple evacuate Shasta Lake City Wednesday. They survived the Valley Fire in Lake County.
VIDEO: Drive through Carr Fire near Redding reveals apocalyptic scenes
"They got out early in that fire and they know what it looks like," said Nico.
"Low and behold I think by midnight last night they were starting evacuations of Shasta Lake," said Rebecca.
They grabbed pictures, one plant from their large collection that they display on Instagram, and two foster cats ready for adoption. They're hoping people still in Shasta County will pack up and get out before the situation is dire.
"I'm seeing all the frantic, panicked posts from people saying they can't get out because so many people are being told to evacuate that there are bottlenecks," said Rebecca.
California's price gouging law protects consumers in times like these from increased gas prices, housing, and other essential services. California's Attorney General posted the warning just this afternoon.
For more information on that law and warning, visit this page call (800) 952-5225, or contact local law enforcement.
Get the latest on the Carr Fire here and the latest on wildfires across California here.
550+ staying at @ShastaCollege, serving as evacuation center. Many people are patients f/2 nearby hospitals 🏥 that were evacuated. It is sweltering 😓 at over 103-degrees. #CarrFire 🔥 pic.twitter.com/wlrLAwC16m— Dion Lim (@DionLimTV) July 27, 2018
RELATED WILDFIRE STORIES & VIDEOS:
- MAPS: Wildfires burning across California
- PHOTOS: Massive Carr Fire tears through Shasta County
- VIDEO: Drive through Carr Fire near Redding reveals apocalyptic scenes
- VIDEO: Firefighters get brief rest in neighbor's yard during 'apocalyptic' Carr Fire in Shasta County
- VIDEO: New look at destruction from Carr Fire in Redding
- Most destructive California wildfires in history
- How to prepare for a wildfire evacuation
- PG&E may cut electricity during high fire danger, are you prepared?
- The difference between containing and controlling a wildfire
- These aircraft are on the front lines of the fight against California wildfires
- Wildfire masks: How to best protect yourself from smoke during a fire
- How wildfire smoke can impact your health
- How to sign up for emergency alerts where you live
- Surviving a long-term power outage
- Safety tips to remember when returning home after wildfire
- DIY: How to make a pet carrier in case of emergency
- How to prepare your pets in case of disaster