Recipe: Asparagus with Black Bean Garlic Sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into diagonal sliced
- 6 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon black bean and garlic sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil over high heat in a 12-inch frying pan. Add onion and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add mushrooms and stir-fry until soft, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer mixture to a serving bowl.
2. Add remaining oil to the pan and continue to heat over high. Add asparagus and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add green onions and stir-fry 30 seconds more. Stir together the black bean sauce, chicken broth and cornstarch mixture. Return onion/mushroom mixture to the pan and pour in the liquid. Stir fry until just tender. Transfer to a serving bowl.