It's perhaps the most direct way you can help fight this battle -- time to grab those spare goggles and face masks. Health care workers really need them in Contra Costa County and all over the Bay Area really.
RELATED: Bay Area residents donate medical supplies to hospitals amid COVID-19 crisis
"We are hoping businesses like dentist's offices, construction companies, veterinarians and nail salons that aren't currently open will consider donating their supplies," said Chris Farnitano, MD, Contra Contra Health Officer.
Any donations would be on top of what's coming from the state and federal government, but doctors say that's not nearly enough.
Businesses and residents are encouraged to donate only the following types of protective medical supplies:
- Eye protection, such as goggles and face shields
- Antibacterial and disinfecting wipes, typically alcohol or bleach based (unopened). NO baby wipes.
- N-95 and surgical masks (in unopened containers/boxes)
- Medical gowns: Disposable gowns, as well as cloth surgical and hospital gowns in good condition
- West County: 151 Linus Pauling Drive, Hercules
- Central County: 1750 Oak Park Blvd., Pleasant Hill
- East County: 4545 Delta Fair Blvd., Antioch
Donation centers will be open Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. at:
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirusoutbreak in US, around the world
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Bay Area cancelations, closures related to COVID-19
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- Coronavirus in CA: Get resources and information about COVID-19
- Bay Area school closures related to coronavirus pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- How coronavirus compares with the flu
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Busting COVID-19 coronavirus myths: Facts from the Centers for Disease Control
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19