We're calling it "Taking care of Business." We're hoping to highlight places that are doing creative things to help their workers and the community.
RELATED: Coronavirus outbreak: Neighbors form peace group to keep Chinatown safe from crimes
Today Liberties Bar in San Francisco in the Mission Dolores neighborhood is getting the spotlight.
ABC7 News anchor Reggie Aqui stopped by on Sunday to pick up some food when he noticed they have a special going that gives a chance to help someone in need.
If you buy a meal for someone else, you get the food for half-off, which is five dollars. They'll do the rest.
RELATED: Coronavirus: How to stay safe when going out in public for essentials such as food, gas
They pack up a delicious lunch or dinner and deliver it to someone who may have been laid off or is experiencing homelessness.
Reggie talked to the owner, Ian Duggan, Tuesday morning and he says they've delivered 130 meals so far, with more in line today. Some have gone to Homeless Youth Alliance and A Woman's Place drop-in shelter.
You can make the order online on their website, so anyone locally or across the world can do it.
It's #GreatAmericanTakeoutDay . Want to support an SF business AND get a meal for someone in need? @thelibertiesbar has a great way to do it. (Also let me know if a biz in your Bay Area neighborhood is doing something innovative during this tough time) pic.twitter.com/89dTLwu6yJ— Reggie Aqui (@reggieaqui) March 24, 2020
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirusoutbreak in US, around the world
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Bay Area cancelations, closures related to COVID-19
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- Coronavirus in CA: Get resources and information about COVID-19
- Bay Area school closures related to coronavirus pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- How coronavirus compares with the flu
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Busting COVID-19 coronavirus myths: Facts from the Centers for Disease Control
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19