Parent Jen Janovec Meyers shared her family's story on Facebook in early November, explaining that the station was built in response to her father-in-law's delicate health situation.
"So Matt's dad has cancer," Meyers says, "and ever since Covid hit there has been very limited family contact."
WATCH: Dr. Fauci's hopeful message to those with COVID-19 fatigue
"After a visit about a week ago and a very sad moment when they couldn't hug the boys when they left," the mother continues, "we decided to build a hugging station so they could hug Granny and Popo again!"
Meyers also shared a video that shows the station in action on Nov. 2.
The family laughs as Granny gets her hugs, and Popo says, "Don't forget about me!"
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- COVID-19 risk calculator: The safest and most dangerous things to do this holiday season
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- Health experts urge flu shots in effort to avoid 'twindemic'
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- From salons to dinner parties: Experts rate the risk of 12 activities
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic