Just like you've probably done if you've visited any of the famous wineries there, ABC7 News anchor Eric Thomas took a drive down Highway 29 and Silverado Trail in Napa County on Tuesday.
RELATED: Michelin-starred restaurant at Meadowood destroyed by Glass Fire
Here's what he saw.
Our tour along Highway 29 began about two miles south of Calistoga, where a finger of fire on the west side of the road burned downslope to within a few feet of the road surface.
No lives were threatened, but it was a potent reminder.
Less than a mile farther south we took a quick look at the historic Bale Grist Mill State Park.
It's centered around a mill built back in the 1840s where Napa Valley residents used to bring grain to be crushed into flour or meal.
The Glass Fire got uncomfortably close but didn't appear to cause any damage.
VIDEO: Parts of famed Castello di Amorosa Winery destroyed in Glass Fire
Next, we took Route 29 north into the heart of Calistoga.
The tourist area downtown would normally be bustling this time of year, but unfortunately due to the fire's proximity, it was almost a ghost town.
However, it led us to Dunaweal Lane, home to several vineyards.
At Sterling Vineyards, the main building wasn't touched, but some of the surroundings were damaged.
PHOTOS: North Bay wildfires ravage California's wine country
Equipment near the pad used for crushing grapes was heavily damaged, including a truck hauling hundreds of plastic goblets that were destroyed by fire; it's cargo melted into a huge glob.
Finally, we stopped at Fairwinds Estates Winery, a fixture since 1969.
The visitor's center burned to the ground, only the fireplace left standing.
There was also major damage to the main building and tasting room.
Thankfully no one was hurt in any of the areas we toured.
Having trouble viewing the map? Click here to open it in a new window.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Track wildfires across Bay Area with this interactive map
- What we know about the fires burning in the North Bay
- LIST: Wildfires prompt evacuation orders & warnings in Napa, Sonoma counties
- Track air quality levels impacted by smoke from wildfires
- Video shows smoke, flames in wine country as Glass Incident, other fires rage
- VIDEO: Enormous plumes of smoke, orange haze from Glass Fire in North Bay
- Video shows massive destruction from North Bay Glass Incident Fire
- WATCH: Staggering footage shows lightning storm that started complex fires
- How to prepare for a wildfire evacuation
- Comparing the 10 biggest wildfires in California history
- Most destructive California wildfires in history
- Camp Fire is deadliest wildfire in California history
- How are wildfires started? A look at the causes of some of the worst in California history
- Safety tips to remember when returning home after wildfire
- How to prepare your pets in case of disaster
- The difference between containing and controlling a wildfire