⚠️Air Quality Advisory: smoke from the #RiverComplex, #McFarlandFire & #MonumentFire is expected to impact the North & East Bay causing hazy skies on Thurs, 8/5 and Fri, 8/6. Smoke is aloft and is not expected to cause unhealthy air quality.— Bay Area Air Quality (@AirDistrict) August 4, 2021
Current AQI: https://t.co/tTizTYzUMT. pic.twitter.com/RDouj172NG
The smoke is coming from the McFarland, Monument and River Complex fires further north in California and is expected to stay aloft and not be unhealthy to people in the Bay Area, according to the air district.
However, smoky and hazy skies may be visible in parts of the East Bay and North Bay, particularly in Napa, Sonoma and Solano counties.
Air district officials say they will be monitoring air quality in the region, and encourage anyone who smells smoke to stay inside if possible.
People can follow real-time air quality readings in the region here.
VIDEO: How bad will CA's fire season be? Here's what we know, what we don't
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map shows riskiest areas in California for damaging wildfires
- How bad will CA's fire season be? Here's what we know, what we don't
- How to prepare for a wildfire evacuation
- How to prepare your pets in case of disaster
- How to make a pet carrier in case of emergency
- Most destructive California wildfires in history
- The deadliest wildfires in California history
- Live: Track Bay Area air quality levels
- How are wildfires started? A look at the causes of some of the worst in California history
- The difference between containing and controlling a wildfire
- What's in wildfire smoke? How it can impact your health
- What are the diablo winds and how can they influence Northern California wildfires?
- What you need to know about Santa Ana winds and California wildfires
- Safety tips to remember when returning home after wildfire
- How to pick a mask for protection during a wildfire
- Red flag warning: What to do during dangerous fire conditions
- Everything to know about red flame retardant dropped during wildfires
- What happens to animals during wildfires?
- How to drive safely during a power outage
- How wildfires create a serious threat for flooding and mudflows
- These aircraft are on the front lines of the fight against California wildfires