Moisture drawn from the Pacific and transported on the atmospheric river resulted in several inches of rain falling across the Bay Area on Sunday.
LIVE: Track rain in San Francisco Bay Area with Live Doppler 7
The torrent of precipitation comes amid a state-wide drought in California.
This satellite imagery, taken overnight on October 23-24, shows storm activity over the Pacific Ocean and West Coast.
POWER OUTAGES: Latest PG&E Information
EVACUATIONS: List of Bay Area evacuations
BUSINESS CLOSURES: Bay Area storm causes closures for Oakland Zoo, Alameda County Fair
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- VIDEO: Watch the latest AccuWeather forecast
- How to prepare your home for winter storms
- TIPS: How do you recover from hydroplaning?
- Tips for how to drive safely on rainy days
- TIPS: Here's how to use sandbags and prevent flooding