"She was just upset people were telling her she had to play by new rules," said Bartender Misha Marotta.
RELATED: Masks are required in California, but how are they enforced?
Employees at St. James Gate restaurant and pub in Belmont are hoping to identify a recent customer who behaved badly.
Marotta says the disturbing incident happened on June 19, the same day they got the ok to start serving indoors with masks and social distancing required.
"This lady kept hugging everyone in the bar and not wearing a mask," said Marotta.
Misha's co-worker behind the bar asked the woman to comply.
WATCH: Woman gets upset after asked to wear face mask at Trader Joe's in Hollywood
Surveillance cameras captured what happened next, the woman leans in and appears to cough directly in the face of the bartender, who steps back in shock and disbelief.
"It was very disgusting, on a couple of levels," Marotta said.
Marotta told the woman to leave.
She did but not before giving the bartenders the middle finger, then knocking down a barstool before heading out the door.
RELATED: Mother of 1-year-old boy 'in shock' after woman in viral coughing incident identified as possible children's educator
General Manager Bobbie Martinez can't believe the video.
"It's not nice to do that, he was enforcing the guidelines and she refused to follow it," Martinez said.
Employees haven't filed a police report, they say it's not their intention to have the unidentified woman arrested or cited, only to know what she did is unacceptable.
"I think if she reflects on this, maybe she can realize she can be better," said Marotta.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here. Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 risk calculator: Quiz yourself on the safest, most dangerous things you can do as CA reopens
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- When will the San Francisco Bay Area reopen? Track progress on 6 key metrics to reopening here
- Reopening California: What's opening and when in the Bay Area
- Everything we know about CA businesses opening and what comes next
- Life after COVID-19: Here's what restaurants, gyms will look like
- Here's everything allowed to open in CA (and what we're still waiting on)
- INTERACTIVE TIMELINE: How close was CA to becoming a NY-level crisis?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- List: Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in the Bay Area?
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Asian American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on African American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Latino community
- WATCH: 'Your Mental Health: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall addressing COVID-19 impact on mental health
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions