ABC7 News walked a couple of blocks in downtown Walnut Creek to see how businesses are adjusting to the shutdown.
Mint Forno Italiano, owner Claudio Ricciolini, 54, is handing out rolls of toilet paper with every to-go order. "It's one of the most requested item nowadays, so we thought they are giving support, we give toilet paper," Ricciolini said.
Both of his sons are now helping with the business. When we asked Ricciolini about what Italy is facing, he was too emotional to respond.
RELATED: Coronavirus impact: San Francisco bars, restaurants feel effects from COVID-19 concerns
Next door at Risidual Sugar Wine Bar, they're offering bottles to-go which was something an employee said they never did before.
On the corner, Walnut Creek Florist had a sign that said they would reopen on April 7.
We talked to the owners of Lakanta, a Mediterranean grill and bar. They said they're only getting a few orders a day.
Fevzi Dinc, one of the owners, said all the employers are gone and they're down to three people.
RELATED: 'Get through this': Campbell restaurants band together during COVID-19 pandemic
"As you can see we have no customers whatsoever, it's all shutdown. We do only take-outs," Dinc said.
They're having a special discount on wine, all bottles are 40% off.
Further down Locust Street, off Bonanza Street is Broderick Roadhouse.
Stacy Lowenberg, the general manager, and Rolla Gahben, one of the owners, have worked at Broderick when it was still Hubcaps. The bar and restaurant has been in the community for nearly 40 years. They've never seen anything like this before.
"I think we had 48 people on our schedule, we're down to five," Gahben said.
They both had words of gratitude for the customers that are ordering to go.
"Thank you guys to all the community in Walnut Creek that's been so helpful, you know coming in, giving us business, door dash and to-go orders," Lowenberg said.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Bay Area cancelations, closures related to COVID-19
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- Coronavirus in CA: Get resources and information about COVID-19
- Bay Area school closures related to coronavirus pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- How coronavirus compares with the flu
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Busting COVID-19 coronavirus myths: Facts from the Centers for Disease Control
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19