SAN MATEO COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- We are getting an incredible new look at the CZU Lightning Complex Fire burning in Santa Cruz and San Mateo Counties.
Local photographer Pankaj Bhargava shared a timelapse video of the early stages of the inferno.
It shows large flames and smoke near Windy Hill Summit in Portola Valley.
Bhargava told Storyful he recorded the video near Skyline Blvd on Aug. 17, the day after the incident began.
App users: For a better experience, click here to view the graph in a new window.
Bhargava wrote about his experience in a Facebook post.
"Today another fresh fire started just behind my home .. It bought to me the sight when I was close to the wildfires in the Santa Cruz Hills couple of days back .. Each day I hear some new fire as there are multiple active fires in Santa Cruz, San Jose and San Mateo Counties.. The small clip shows how fast this grows and how angry the Mother Nature is .. With the increase in global temperatures leading to climate change, this triggered more. We got to seriously think about this sooner than later. My heart goes out to all the people who are affected by this. Hope we get some rains which can cool down the surroundings and help our firefighters. Everyone please be safe and take care !!"
Follow developments with our exclusive Wildfire Tracker that's updated with the latest information from CAL FIRE every hour. Check in to see where fires are spreading, the acres burned, and see containment information in real-time.
App users: For a better experience, click here to view the full map in a new window
Get the latest updates and videos on wildfires burning across the Bay Area and California here.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Here are all the fires burning in the Bay Area right now
- Track air quality levels in the Bay Area
- Bay Area air quality worst in the world as wildfires rage in all but one county
- How to prepare for a wildfire evacuation
- Most destructive California wildfires in history
- Camp Fire is deadliest wildfire in California history
- How are wildfires started? A look at the causes of some of the worst in California history
- Safety tips to remember when returning home after wildfire
- How to drive safely during a power outage
- What to do right now to prep for a planned power outage
- Here's how to store electricity before a power outage
- Tips for getting through a long-term power outage
- VIDEO: How to prepare your pets in case of disaster
- The difference between containing and controlling a wildfire
- How wildfire smoke can impact your health
- What's in wildfire smoke? How it can impact your health