Officials have given the green light to barber shops, hair salons and indoor dining but other businesses, which thought they could unlock their doors Monday, are being told not so fast, due to a spike in new COVID-19 cases.
RELATED: Newsom adds Bay Area county to California COVID-19 watch list
Roger Carpenter is happy to be back in the chair, finally getting a haircut at Caladonia Street Barbers in Sausalito. The shop's been here 100 years, and finally got the green light to reopen.
"It gets the economy going, back in the chairs and taking care of clients," said barber Carlos Garcia.
Roberto Sbaraglia can now serve customers inside his restaurant Roma Antica in Larkspur, with lots of safety protocols.
"Six feet for each table and sanitizing everywhere," Sbaraglia said.
Muir Woods is back open to the public. Reservations are needed for parking but masks are not required.
COVID-19 RISK CALCULATOR: Quiz yourself on the safest, most dangerous things you can do as CA reopens
But Marin County is saying no to hotels, short-term rentals, nail salons, tattoo parlors and gyms, after informing these businesses last week they could reopen.
"Here in Marin County, we've witnessed a spike in COVID-19, we clocked our highest number of cases in the pandemic last Thursday at 54," said Marin County Spokesperson Laine Hendricks.
Gary Champagne owns a small, private personal training gym with no employees. He's frustrated he can't reopen his business.
"I can't do this much longer, my wife is pregnant with our second child and unemployment won't cut it, it's scary," Champagne said.
RELATED: 4th of July 2020: LA County beaches to close over holiday weekend, officials say
Exactly when these businesses can reopen depends on how many new cases of COVID-19 they see. A report by the California Department of Health projects a rise in new cases this summer in Marin County.
Local officials hope that is not the case, they urge everyone to do their part and take precautions to help flatten the curve.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic hereRELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 risk calculator: Quiz yourself on the safest, most dangerous things you can do as CAreopens
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- When will the San Francisco Bay Area reopen? Track progress on 6 key metrics to reopening here
- Reopening California: What's opening and when in the Bay Area
- Everything we know about CA businesses opening and what comes next
- Life after COVID-19: Here's what restaurants, gyms will look like
- Here's everything allowed to open in CA (and what we're still waiting on)
- INTERACTIVE TIMELINE: How close was CA to becoming a NY-level crisis?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- List: Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in the Bay Area?
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Asian American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on African American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Latino community
- WATCH: 'Your Mental Health: A Bay AreaConversation' virtual town hall addressing COVID-19 impact on mental health
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions