That means restaurants are opening back up with modifications and under strict guidelines.
We took a live tour inside Campelli's Pizza in Placer County - one of the counties approved to let customers dine-in. It gives us a look at what life could be like for the Bay Area.
INTERACTIVE: What will restaurants, gyms, flights, stores will look like after COVID-19?
Co-owner Ashley Campbell talked with ABC7's Kristen Sze about their process to reopen. Campbell said they received the guidelines Wednesday morning and used the day to get ready. They reopened Thursday.
"It was fantastic, kind of emotional," Campbell said. "People coming out are just so excited to have a little taste of normalcy."
Campbell talked about the specific restrictions in Placer County. When it comes to masks, it's encouraged for customers but not required. Staff has to have a mask if they are within six feet of a customer. Campbell said the kitchen crew does not wear masks.
Campbell said they received self-check guidelines for the staff to make sure they are healthy and able to return to work. Staff does not have to check customers for symptoms.
RELATED: Cities across Bay Area push for outdoor dining, post-pandemic
During the tour of her restaurant, Campbell says they ask only one family at a time stand at the register and everyone else waits outside for their turn to enter. They have large tables that used to seat two or three families, but now they can only have one family at each table. They had to remove a table to create more social distancing.
The arcade is closed. Campbell says they've blocked off certain tables to create more social distancing. As far as Placer County guidelines, you need either six feet or partitions.
County guidelines vary slightly, but this gives us a glimpse at what Bay Area life could be like.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here. Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- INTERACTIVE TIMELINE: How close was CA to becoming a NY-level crisis?
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- How California's COVID-19 cases stack up against other hot spot states
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- List: Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in the Bay Area?
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Asian American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on African American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Latino community
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions