Near Igo, Cal Fire crews focused squarely on protecting lives and property, like a home on a hill that had been evacuated overnight.
VIDEO: New look at destruction from Carr Fire in Redding
In Northwest Redding, it appeared all but a few homes had been destroyed along Swasey Drive, leaving just a few remnants of life here before the fire, like a swing and child's playhouse.
Near Ono, the scramble to save animals continued, including a horse named Good Boy.
RELATED: How to prepare your pets in case of disaster
Good Boy's owner Jaime Macias thought he could wait out the fire, but welcomes the help. "Otherwise I was going to stick around and see what was going to come out of it," Macias said.
"I had a house fire in '97," said volunteer Rene Younie. "I lost everything and I've been wanting to pay back, and this is my way to pay back."
RELATED: Safety tips to remember when returning home after wildfire
"We're out here just doing our business," said another local volunteer Tucker Zimmerman, who said he's saved dozens of animals and one man.
"I actually went into a neighborhood and every house was on fire," Zimmerman said. "I got him pulled out, protected him with a garden hose until firefighters arrived. They took over, but I got his American flag and gave it to his wife because I promised that to her."
In response to the devastating wildfires in Shasta County, Tri Counties Bank has created a verified GoFundMe campaign to help those impacted by the fires. Click here if you'd like to help.
Get the latest on the Carr Fire here and the latest on wildfires across California here.
RELATED WILDFIRE STORIES & VIDEOS:
- MAPS: Wildfires burning across California
- PHOTOS: Massive Carr Fire tears through Shasta County
- VIDEO: Drive through Carr Fire near Redding reveals apocalyptic scenes
- VIDEO: Firefighters get brief rest in neighbor's yard during 'apocalyptic' Carr Fire in Shasta County
- VIDEO: New look at destruction from Carr Fire in Redding
- Most destructive California wildfires in history
- How to prepare for a wildfire evacuation
- PG&E may cut electricity during high fire danger, are you prepared?
- The difference between containing and controlling a wildfire
- These aircraft are on the front lines of the fight against California wildfires
- Wildfire masks: How to best protect yourself from smoke during a fire
- How wildfire smoke can impact your health
- How to sign up for emergency alerts where you live
- Surviving a long-term power outage
- Safety tips to remember when returning home after wildfire
- DIY: How to make a pet carrier in case of emergency
- How to prepare your pets in case of disaster