SOLANO COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- A man who lived on Pleasants Valley Road in Solano County has died as a wildfire scorches the region, sheriff's officials said Thursday.
Officials say they discovered the deceased man during a search assessing fire-damage in the English Hills area near Pleasants Valley Road.
Solano County Sheriff's Office confirmed to ABC later Thursday night "the person succumbed to the fire," and that they found him on a road that had been burned.
No further details about the man have been released, as his family has not yet been notified of his death.
Stay with ABC7 News on updates on this developing story.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Here are all the fires burning in the Bay Area right now
- Track air quality levels in the Bay Area
- Bay Area air quality worst in the world as wildfires rage in all but one county
- How to prepare for a wildfire evacuation
- Most destructive California wildfires in history
- Camp Fire is deadliest wildfire in California history
- How are wildfires started? A look at the causes of some of the worst in California history
- Safety tips to remember when returning home after wildfire
- How to drive safely during a power outage
- What to do right now to prep for a planned power outage
- Here's how to store electricity before a power outage
- Tips for getting through a long-term power outage
- VIDEO: How to prepare your pets in case of disaster
- The difference between containing and controlling a wildfire
- How wildfire smoke can impact your health
- What's in wildfire smoke? How it can impact your health