It begins at the Sebastopol Hardware Center, where for whatever you need, Christy Simmons can point you there.
"Um, aisle four?" she said.
After 15 years, here, she has a reputation.
"I get called a guru and walking encyclopedia," said Simmons, who used to own a handyman business.
"She's the go-to, like a Swiss army knife," described Doug Bishop, one of the store's owners.
RELATED: Coronavirus Impact: Half of San Francisco restaurants expected to close as industry bracing for big changes during pandemic
So it's no wonder that when Jamilah Nixon parked her food truck outside, Simmons' bosses felt generous and bought her lunch.
"I'll take the charlie hustle slider?" she ordered. But there is more to this. Her employers have bought lunch for a different employee ever day, recently, and all because of COVID-19.
"It's a win, win, win, win," added co-owner Dan Allingham. Both bosses describe the effort as part of a greater cause.
"The economy of it is we need these restaurants for our economy to survive," explained Doug Bishop.
"Every single customer does make a difference," added Jamilah Nixon in her food truck.
RELATED: Coronavirus impact: Bay Area restaurants asking for support after accepting take-out only orders
The program started 11 days ago. It's about more than just one hardware store and food truck. The idea - to benefit a pool of 1,000 Sebastopol and many other eateries from the visits of those 1,000 employees.
Mambos Pizza received one of the first orders.
Businesses like Weeks Drilling and Pump Company have taken to ordering lunch in for their large staff, once a week.
"Are you going to spoil your employees?" we asked Kathryn Daniels, who runs human resources.
"Spoiling them? That's a good thing," she replied.
RELATED: Coronavirus Help: San Mateo company launches free takeout system to support struggling eateries
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- INTERACTIVE TIMELINE: How close was CA to becoming a NY-level crisis?
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- How California's COVID-19 cases stack up against other hot spot states
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- List: Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in the Bay Area?
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Asian American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on African American community
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions