Sometimes kids need a little extra motivation to keep the fluids flowing, though. Registered dietitian nutritionist Megan McNamee of Feeding Littles shared some tips.
RELATED: How to keep kids safe while staying at home this summer
Ama got creative with food and made popsicles with leftover baby food pouches and water. She put them in the popsicle mold, froze them and got the perfect treat for the summer heat!
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Watch ABC7's AccuWeather Forecast
- VIDEO: What is a Flex Alert?
- Heat stroke vs heat exhaustion: What's the difference and what are the symptoms?
- How hot can the inside of a car get in 10 minutes?
- Bay Area hits record highs as blistering heat wave continues across region
- Stage 2 emergency declared due to higher demand for power amid heat wave