There was a steady stream of people donating medical supplies to UCSF Medical Center Monday on Divisidero, for health care workers on the front lines of the coronavirus pandemic.
Supplies here are okay for now but the future is unclear.
"We had 50 contributors of things like N95 masks, surgical masks and gloves today it's wonderful," said Olivia Hodgkiss from UCSF Medical Center.
Other UCSF locations were also taking donations. Most hospitals in the Bay Area are now accepting donations from the public because some only have enough supplies for next two to three weeks, some nurses have been told to re-use masks, if necessary.
RELATED: Coronavirus Pandemic: Bay Area hospitals in need of supply donations
Anna Barbarinde from Petaluma brought several face masks to a donation site in Santa Rosa.
"Oh anything we can do to help, I have two friends in healthcare, I know it's desperate now, I wish I had more of them," Barbarinde said.
The Salvation Army is collecting donations, acting as a go between with Sonoma County Health Officials.
In a few short hours, dozens of boxes of rubber gloves and plenty of face masks were donated. Organizers ask that all donations be unopened.
"When the fires came we had lots of people wearing masks, now those masks are being repurposed," said Veronica Velez from the Salvation Army.
RELATED: Coronavirus impact: Bay Area healthcare workers speak out about mask, medical supply shortages
"It feels good to do it, I'm fine, I'm safe but my niece is a nurse I want them all to be safe, said Reecy Casamajor from Santa Rosa.
A generous Bay Area stepping up in this time of need.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirusoutbreak in US, around the world
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Bay Area cancelations, closures related to COVID-19
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- Coronavirus in CA: Get resources and information about COVID-19
- Bay Area school closures related to coronavirus pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- How coronavirus compares with the flu
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Busting COVID-19 coronavirus myths: Facts from the Centers for Disease Control
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19