SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Realtors are noticing a new trend coming out of the coronavirus pandemic.
City dwellers are looking to move to the suburbs for fresh air and a little extra space.
"I've been inside for 48 days now with three little boys. It's a challenge for me as a parent and for the kids themselves," says lifelong New Yorker Chloe Davis.
RELATED: Quarantine fatigue: New study shows many are staying home less during COVID-19 pandemic
Davis and her husband could never have imagined leaving the Big Apple- until now.
Weeks spent inside a cramped two bedroom apartment home schooling their young sons and caring for their pets have changed their perspective. Now they want to find a house in nearby suburbs.
Housing industry experts say the uncertainty of the virus and the economy is part of it.
"So if somebody said 'Hey this is six weeks and you're going to be fine', it'd be a different animal. But these people are like, 'What happens when the second wave comes?"'
RELATED: Coronavirus: Shelter in place for another 5 months? Here's what Stanford researchers are projecting and why
Many cities were already seeing a mild population decline- and the pandemic could supercharge the trend.
That could force steep cuts in tax revenue and basic services like schools, transit, police and fire.
RELATED: 6 Bay Area counties relax some shelter-in-place restrictions; here are changes starting May 4
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- Coronavirus data: See how the curve of COVID-19 cases is bending in each Bay Area county
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: ABC7's interactive town hall 'Race and Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation'
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- Coronavirus and the new normal of living in the San Francisco-Bay Area -- COVID-19 Diaries
- Happy hour goes virtual as people try to be sociable while social distancing during COVID-19 crisis
- Coronavirus Outbreak: Here's why you should practice 'social distancing'
- DRONEVIEW7: What the Bay Area looks like during the coronavirus shelter-in-place
- ABC7's drive around San Francisco shows empty streets, businesses shuttered
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19