SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The brother and niece of former San Francisco 49ers legend Dwight Clark spoke at a memorial service for him on Wednesday in San Francisco.
Jeff Clark spoke about his brother's passion and continuous fight for what was right.
"He carried that passion a very long well and it served him well, it served him very well. In my home we talked a lot about honor. We talked a lot about blood. You take care of blood. And my parents instilled that. And it's a shame that you have to go through something like this family's going through right now to really realize how important family is.
He went onto say, "Every time we lose someone, please don't miss that opportunity to go hug somebody you love. I sure would love to hug my brother right now."
Other family and 49ers legends spoke at Clark's memorial service. Click here for a look.
STORIES & VIDEOS ABOUT CLARK
- 49ers great Dwight Clark dies at 61 after battle with ALS
- Funeral service for 49ers legend Dwight Clark held at Grace Cathedral in San Francisco
- 'One of the toughest things I've ever had to do': Joe Montana remembers Dwight Clark
- 'I know he loved me, and I sure loved him': Eddie DeBartolo gives eulogy at Dwight Clark memorial
- 'He was the most wonderful father': Daughter remembers 49ers legend Dwight Clark at memorial in San Francisco
- 49ers' Brent Jones remembers Dwight Clark at private memorial service in San Francisco
- 'He carried that passion': Brother, niece remember Dwight Clark at memorial
- South Bay sports community reflects on Dwight Clark's passing
- Friends, fans react to death of 49ers legend Dwight Clark
- San Francisco 49ers honor Dwight Clark at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara
- Mike Shumann honors teammate, friend, Dwight Clark after emotional reunion
- San Francisco 49er teammates react to Dwight Clark's ALS announcement
- Mike Shumann on former teammate Dwight Clark: 'There will never be another 87'
- VIDEO: Behind-the-scenes with 49ers 1981 championship team
- Lafayette man battling ALS offers support to 49ers legend Dwight Clark
- Former San Francisco 49ers WR Dwight Clark announced he has ALS