PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. (KGO) -- Legendary golfer Tiger Woods, who has recovered from numerous catastrophic injuries himself, addressed Kevin Durant's NBA Finals injury during U.S. Open media day at Pebble Beach Golf Links on Tuesday.
"It was sad. As athletes we've all been there to a spot when you just know it," said Woods, who didn't watch the game, but saw Durant's injury in the highlights. "I've been there. I've had it to my own Achilles. I've had it to my own back. I know what it feels like. It's an awful feeling and no one can help you."
It's fair to say that Tiger is an injury and recovery expert.
He won The Masters tournament in April for his first PGA major championship since 2008.
But during that 11 year span he dealt with numerous injuries including a knee injuries, an Achilles injury, and back problems that led to 4 surgeries.
Yet Tiger has continued to compete and he explained why.
"Why do we do it?" he asked. "Because we're competitors. Our job is to make the human body do something it was never meant to do. And to do it efficiently and better than anyone else who is doing it at the same time. Well, things sometimes go awry and we saw it last night with Kevin."
Get hyped about the Golden State Warriors here.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- LIST: Why the rest of the country hates the Golden State Warriors
- Can the Warriors pull off this epic comeback without Kevin Durant?
- Warriors believe Kevin Durant has torn Achilles, ESPN reports
- 'An incredible win and a horrible loss': Scenes from an unforgettable Game 5
- Fans, celebrities and families weigh in on Warriors win, Kevin Durant injury
- Nurse: Late timeout was to give Raptors a rest
- Source: Durant plans to play in Game 5 Monday
- Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson need some help
- NBA Finals: Warriors fans hoping for epic comeback
- How rude! Raptors dunk on Warriors with Full House-inspired tweet
- When the lights go down in the town: Warriors might have seen Oracle for last time
- NBA Finals: Golden State Warriors confirm co-owner shoved Raptors' Kyle Lowry
- VIDEO: Kevin Durant talks smack to Drake after Game 2 win
- Sources: Warriors' Looney could return in Finals
- NBA Finals: Warriors Klay Thompson to play Game 4, report says
- Raptors hit big shots, beat Warriors for 2-1 NBA Finals lead
- Fans from all over show up to Game 3 of NBA finals to cheer on Warriors, Raptors
- GMA's Robin Roberts sends love to Dub Nation and Oakland
- We The Lost? Toronto Raptors post pregame photo on wrong bridge
- Can the Raptors break through against this depleted defense?
- Warriors' Looney likely out for Finals with fracture
- Klay (hamstring) to get MRI, confident for Wed.
- How Draymond Green found his zen
- Bay Area beats, dance troops and sequins: How Oracle becomes 'Roaracle'
- Six-minute monster: The Warriors' run that won Game 2
- Coaches, trainers and Kyle Lowry: What we think we know in a 1-1 Finals
- Cousins savors big Game 2: 'Incredible moment'
- What Draymond sees: The Warriors star details his unique game
- Durant to miss Game 2; Iguodala likely after MRI
- What did Drake say to Draymond Green? Warriors' star says the two 'barked' but no scuffle
- The Warriors struggled in Game 1 without the security of Kevin Durant
- Siakam stars for Raptors with all-around effort
- Cousins relishes 'incredible feeling' in return
- Toronto air traffic controller has fun with Warriors jet pilot