SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- It's ABC7's 70th anniversary! We're proud to be an integral part of television history and the history of the Bay Area. From our start as the first antenna on the old Sutro Tower, to changing the game of local news with community-based reporting, we've always had an eye on Building a Better Bay Area.
Join us as we go back through the ABC7 archives and witness our unique communities through the eyes of some of the first people to broadcast their stories.
Over the past 70 years, we've shared so many memorable moments with our audience. Some of them funny, some poignant, all historic and centered around this amazing place we're lucky enough to call home.
We share this celebration with so many people who've made our first 70 years a success. Thank you to all of our ABC7 family, past and present, and to all the people who've let us tell their stories. Most importantly, thank you to everyone who's watched us grow and everyone still watching. It's been 70 years and we're as committed to you, and our community, as we were in 1949.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- 70 Years of ABC7: Van Amburg, the 1970s and a TV news revolution
- 70 Years of ABC7: The early years - from haunted house to top television station
- 70 Years of ABC7: Bay Area TV News gets its start in the 1950s and 1960s
- IMMERSIVE: Take a deep dive into 70 years of ABC7 history!
- 70 Years of ABC7: Watch the full Wild West ad introducing the Bay Area's 'Most Wanted News Team'
- From the Archives: ABC7's Peabody Award winning coverage of 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake
- 70 Years of ABC7: There goes that news van and other cool ABC7 vehicles!
- 70 Years of ABC7: Was Superman really an ABC7 consumer reporter?
- 70 Years of ABC7: Rare behind-the-scenes video of The Beatles during visit to San Francisco in 1965
- 70 Years of ABC7: Behind the Scenes of Reality TV in 1955
- 70 Years of ABC7: Behind the Scenes of Channel 7 News in 1968
- 70 years of ABC7: What was it like to be a news photographer in 1968?
- 70 Years of ABC7: Behind the scenes of TV news in 1988
- 70 Years of ABC7: Former Mayor Willie Brown declares ABC Day in San Francisco