Tables being put away, last minute haircuts, and 'dining now open' signs being taken down in San Jose as the stay-at-home order is now in effect.
RELATED: Here's what will close under the Bay Area stay-at-home order
"It sucks because we just put this up and it's like all new and everything," says Jasmine Kamali of 71 Saint Peter Restaurant on San Pedro Street in San Jose.
Sadness among many workers who will now be out of a job. Those like Ann Truong at O Beauty Studio who is already five months behind on her rent.
"If this closing keeps happening I can't afford to pay rent, I might have to close down my business and take the loss," says Truong.
RELATED: 'It's my only job': San Francisco restaurant, salon workers face layoffs as stay-at-home order begins
Some though are not so concerned about the employees, like the large group who ate at The Old Wagon Saloon & Grill Sunday. They spent $400 and left no tip on the last night before restaurants here go to takeout only.
"To leave zero dollars for our servers who are working their butt off at this time knowing that they're going to be out of a job for a month, it's frustrating," says Sabrina Urias.
Some believe as COVID-19 cases rise the extra caution is warranted.
"I actually appreciate the leadership of the counties and the medical professionals that see the data every day," says Melissa Ornelas of San Jose.
RELATED: Bay Area ICU capacity: How close we are to the 15% threshold and California's new stay-at-home order
Others aren't happy with just hearing about COVID-19, ICU and death numbers.
"I want to see the demographics of the death rates and even drill it down to "were there any contributing factors to it and how many of them were strictly COVID?" says Anthony Lombardi who runs a preschool.
At Mister and Mrs. hair salon, where cuts went late into the night, there are questions over the order's effectiveness.
"I don't think closing is the answer, I think having really strict guidelines would be far better than that," says owner Johnny Granado.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- COVID-19 risk calculator: The safest and most dangerous things to do this holiday season
- Want to get a COVID-19 test in time for the holidays? Here's what you need to know
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- Health experts urge flu shots in effort to avoid 'twindemic'
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic