Megan Hall and her friends were spotted along Gough Street in San Francisco's Marina neighborhood on Saturday, decked out in feather boas.
Draped over Hall's shoulder: a pink satin "Bride To Be" sash to celebrate her upcoming July 11 wedding.
SIDEWALK BACHELORETTE PARTY: 🎉 When Coronavirus cancelled Megan’s party in Catalina, she and her friends held a pared-down celebration on the sidewalk in San Francisco’s Marina today!— Dion Lim (@DionLimTV) April 18, 2020
Her friend told me “it’s actually warmer here in SF!” 😊 #COVID #bachelorette pic.twitter.com/TUNmuwZNAE
Instead of a party of 14 for her planned bachelorette party in Catalina, she and a few friends who could make it decided on a socially-distanced party with lawn chairs, signs and balloons outside her apartment.
Hall and her friends say strangers have been driving past, honking their horns and waving, wishing them well for her upcoming nuptials.
Hall's friend Lauren Ammantuna said, "It's actually warmer here in San Francisco today than it is in Catalina."
While Hall's wedding in San Luis Obispo may end up getting cancelled as well, she's turning lemons into lemonade however she can.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- Coronavirus data: See how the curve of COVID-19 cases is bending in each Bay Area county
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: ABC7's interactive town hall 'Race and Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation'
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- Coronavirus and the new normal of living in the San Francisco-Bay Area -- COVID-19 Diaries
- Happy hour goes virtual as people try to be sociable while social distancing during COVID-19 crisis
- Coronavirus Outbreak: Here's why you should practice 'social distancing'
- DRONEVIEW7: What the Bay Area looks like during the coronavirus shelter-in-place
- ABC7's drive around San Francisco shows empty streets, businesses shuttered
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19