RELATED: Reopening California: Phase 2 of reopening CA businesses starts Friday, Gov. Newsom says
"Tons of people are excited to come back and do some gardening," said Manager Geoff Olmsted at Orchard Nursery.
There was a long line of cars waiting to get into Orchard Nursery in Lafayette, only 50 cars at a time were allowed in the parking lot.
Bill Uhlman and Rachel Westlake filled up their car with all the plants they could buy.
"Everyone's like we are, anxious to get things in their garden," said Uhlman.
This nursery is re-opening now that shelter restrictions are being eased, but it hasn't been easy.
"We lost a ton of money being closed much of the spring," Olmsted added.
Customers are finding new social distancing protocols at checkout stands, employees and customers are required to wear masks.
RELATED: 6 Bay Area counties relax some shelter-in-place restrictions, certain businesses to reopen May 4
Across town, cars were getting clean after a very long wait.
"My car was filthy, in the garage for the past 8 weeks," said MJ Walburg from Lafayette.
Lafayette Car wash owner Jeff Nellen was happy to get his two dozen employees back to work after six weeks and he's taking precautions.
"Every employee is wearing a mask, gloves, washing hands after each car," Nellen said.
Supervisor Victor Magallon said, "I'm very happy to come back to work today."
RELATED:'We're happy to be back,' some employees return to work as Bay Area shelter-in-place restrictions ease
Magallon says it's been tough not having a regular paycheck to support his family. But today, he and his crew were back at it cleaning car after car, a busy day back.
"I'm happy for them, I've known these employees for years. Wonderful people," said Janice Alamillo from Walnut Creek.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here. Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- Coronavirus data: See how the curve of COVID-19 cases is bending in each Bay Area county
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: ABC7's interactive town hall 'Race and Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation'
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus and the new normal of living in the San Francisco-Bay Area -- COVID-19 Diaries
- Happy hour goes virtual as people try to be sociable while social distancing during COVID-19 crisis
- Coronavirus Outbreak: Here's why you should practice 'social distancing'
- DRONEVIEW7: What the Bay Area looks like during the coronavirus shelter-in-place
- ABC7's drive around San Francisco shows empty streets, businesses shuttered
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19