BUILDING A BETTER BAY AREA: Fremont Town Hall on Monday
The ABC7 News team will embed with the community to share stories that make up the diverse region known as The Gateway to Silicon Valley.
Like most local cities, Fremont has its challenges and is finding solutions as more people strive to live in the Bay Area. ABC7 aims to bring those solutions to light and connect them with the local audience, empowering viewers to learn more and to take action where they can.
ABC7 will also focus on celebrating the diversity woven throughout the Fremont community. And ABC's "Localish" will uncover the hidden gems of Fremont, from tasty restaurants to must-see sights and experiences.
A special event kicks off the week, ABC7's Building a Better Bay Area: Fremont Town Hall, hosted by ABC7 and Washington Hospital Healthcare System.
ABC7 News Anchor Kristen Sze will moderate the conversation along with ABC7 News contributor and SF Chronicle insider Phil Matier.
The conversations will be focused around Fremont's economy, quality of life, and the challenges they are facing with housing, transportation, workforce and overall life.
Participating panelists include:
- Fremont Mayor Lily Mei
- Fremont Police Chief Kim Petersen
- Jens Vogel, CEO of Boehringer Ingelheim
- Kimberly Hartz, CEO of Washington Hospital
- Pastor Jeffrey Spencer, Tri-City Interfaith Council President
- Moina Shaiq, Tri-City Interfaith Councl Member
- Christina Briggs, Fremont Economic Development Director
- Dan Schoenholz, Fremont Community Development Director
- Sanjeev Acharya, CEO Silicon Sage Builders
- Jasmine Basrai, CEO Haller's Pharmacy
- Karen Li, Student member - Fremont Unified School board
Portions of the town hall will air LIVE on ABC7 News, abc7news.com, ABC7 News' Facebook Page and the ABC7 Bay Area YouTube Channel.
Town Hall Details
When: Monday Nov. 18, 5-6 p.m.
Where: Washington Hospital West Community Auditorium, 2500 Mowry Avenue
Who: The town hall is open to the public. We kindly ask that you RSVP to our Facebook event
- Located off Mowry Avenue near Paseo Padre Parkway
- Washington Hospital West 2500 Building is located across the street from the new Emergency department
- Town hall attendees should enter through the Main Lobby entrance and follow signs to the Auditorium
- Public Parking is available right outside the 2500 Building
- Attendees should get off at the FREMONT BART station
- Exit the station toward the hospital down BART Way
- Cross Civic Center Drive to reach the 2500 Building
- Total Walking distance: 0.3 miles