Right in the heart of San Francisco's Mission District, "la Victoria Bakery" is a go-to spot for many in the Latino community who want to feel closer to home.
Jacqueline Pitalla Hernandez is hearing firsthand the stories of her customers. Some are undocumented.
RELATED: California Gov. Newsom calls for statewide 'stay-at-home' order in response to COVID-19 outbreak
"Another one (employee) had to stop working on her other job because of the coronavirus. She has been working with us but only for a couple hours and that's affecting her economically," said Hernandez.
Maciel Jacquez with Centro Legal de La Raza says they're getting calls every day from many in the undocumented community asking for help.
"A lot of them are unemployed at the moment because what's going on with the coronavirus. A lot of housing insecurity. If they're going to have a home next month," said Jacquez.
RELATED: Get the latest live updates on coronavirus crisis
We met several day laborers who are concerned about the virus but say they need the money to survive.
Jose Luis showed us his wallet and said he hasn't worked in 5 days.
CORONAVIRUS: Everything you need to know about San Francisco Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
"Just a dollar... my pay for the phone in 5 days canceled," said Jose Luis.
According to San Francisco Supervisor Matt Haney, the board of supervisors is discussing ways to help the undocumented community.
Haney says this could potentially come in forms of grants for those who are unemployed.
Go here for the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Bay Area cancelations, closures related to COVID-19
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- Coronavirus in CA: Get resources and information about COVID-19
- Bay Area school closures related to coronavirus pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- How coronavirus compares with the flu
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Busting COVID-19 coronavirus myths: Facts from the Centers for Disease Control
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19