Every day, when I come into the station, I remind myself to be extremely cautious and diligent about all of the steps we have been advised to take to mitigate the risk of catching or spreading the novel coronavirus. Many of my wonderful colleagues, both on-air and off, are working from home, so that it is safer for those of us who are coming in. We are all being extremely careful here, wiping down everything we touch many times, washing our hands constantly, and, of course, social distancing.
RELATED: What Really Matters: Coming together even as we stay apart during religious celebrations amid COVID-19 pandemic
We will also now follow the mandate to cover our faces as well.
What is so important as we reach this one month milestone of sheltering at home is that we not drop our guard, not even once, in terms of following each an every guideline to prevent the spread of the virus.
California has much to be proud of, our response has been impressive and effective and we've seen the so-called curve begin to flatten. But we're not out of the woods yet. Stay safe!
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US,around the world
- Coronavirus data: See how the curve of COVID-19 cases is bending in each Bay Area county
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: ABC7's interactive town hall 'Race and Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation'
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- Coronavirus and the new normal of livingin the San Francisco-Bay Area -- COVID-19 Diaries
- Happy hour goes virtual as people try to be sociable while social distancing during COVID-19 crisis
- Coronavirus Outbreak: Here's why you should practice 'social distancing'
- DRONEVIEW7: What the Bay Area looks like during the coronavirus shelter-in-place
- ABC7's drive around San Francisco shows empty streets, businesses shuttered
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19