HEALDSBURG, Calif. (KGO) -- On Sunday night, the Walbridge Fire, just west of Healdsburg, continues to burn. The Walbridge fire is part of the LNU Lightning Complex Fire and scorched an entire hillside over the weekend
"Everything is gone," says Amber Magness whose parents live near the flames.
An area off of Mill Creek Road where we counted at least half a dozen homes destroyed and sadly that includes the home of Amber's parents.
RELATED: Evacuees hope firefighters can control Walbridge Fire, but possible lightning strikes could pose setback
"It was hard," Magness says. "It's just really hard cause I just remember my parents building that whole house with everything they had, just the two of them, it's just hard."
As the hillside burned, firefighters who had traveled here from Southern California were keeping a close eye. A Santa Monica firefighter telling us that the hillside is too steep for them to actively fight it. Those we talked with earlier in the day say it's hard knowing that there are still flames and there is still a fire fight.
"The fear of wildfires coming in your direction is inexplicable," says evacuee Jennie Cormie who lives near Guerneville.
The damage to the homes that once stood on Mill Creek Road is extensive. From the road you can see a burned out car, a bathtub, and a propane tank lying in the roadway.
VIDEO: Sonoma Co. Sheriff's helicopter rescues 2 firefighters trapped battling Woodward Fire
Magness said that while it's hard they will get through this,"Everything is rebuildable."
"There's a lot of beauty in fire but there is a lot of sadness in it. It's perseverance and strength. It's just like people we crumble and rebuild ourselves and make ourselves stronger and more beautiful."
App users: For a better experience, click here to view the full map in a new window
Get the latest updates and videos on the CZU, LNU and SCU Lightning Complex Fires here.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Here are all the fires burning in the Bay Area right now
- Track air quality levels in the Bay Area
- Bay Area air quality worst in the world as wildfires rage in all but one county
- Most destructive California wildfires in history
- Camp Fire is deadliest wildfire in California history
- How are wildfires started? A look at the causes of some of the worst in California history
- Safety tips to remember when returning home after wildfire
- How to drive safely during a power outage
- What to do right now to prep for a planned power outage
- Here's how to store electricity before a power outage
- Tips for getting through a long-term power outage
- VIDEO: How to prepare your pets in case of disaster
- The difference between containing and controlling a wildfire
- How wildfire smoke can impact your health
- What's in wildfire smoke? How it can impact your health