RELATED: Woman shares story of how she rescued farm animals in Vacaville during LNU Lightning Complex Fire
It was also home to 911 dispatcher Thao Le and her police officer husband Vince Ones.
Ones was away at work when Le called him at 3 a.m. last Wednesday to say the flames were getting way too close.
"I just went into my dispatcher voice and I said 'You need to come home now, Code 3! Code 3! Code 3!'"
EXCLUSIVE: Dry wildfire conditions pose risk to CA's native tule elk found in Point Reyes
With the help of Solano CART, Community Animal Response Team, the couple got almost all of their animals out, including three-legged Barbados sheep, Annie.
Today, Annie and more than 100 of her companions are safe and well on a Fairfield property a local teacher offered as a temporary home.
"Just to know that we rescued all of the animals out of there," said Ones, "and got everyone safely out of there, with the exception of a cat who is still missing and I believe is a survivor, and we will find her, is amazing."
At their temporary home, the couple can tend to their menagerie of animals, many of them disabled or blind, each with it's own story, once discarded by someone else, only to be welcomed into this family.
INTERACTIVE MAP: Track wildfires across Bay Area, other parts of CA
The group includes 150-pound pig Todd, who was missing for four days until he was discovered wandering alone by a volunteer.
Friends and strangers have launched fundraisers, including a GoFundMe page, to help the couple rebuild the Lucky Ones Ranch.
"We're going to rebuild and get even better," said Ones, "and we're going to reach out to even more animals in need and live up to our promise to the ones we have now, that it's their forever home."
You can learn more about the Lucky Ones Ranch and how to help on their website, and on their Facebook page.
PHOTOS: New images show scope of wildfires' devastation, as major complexes ravage state
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Track wildfires across Bay Area with this interactive map
- Here are all the fires burning in the Bay Area right now
- Latest on LNU, CZU and SCU Complex Fire evacuations, road closures
- WATCH: Staggering footage shows lightning storm that started complex fires
- Photos show scope of Bay Area wildfires' devastation
- Track air quality levels in the Bay Area
- How LNU, CZU & SCU Lightning Complex Bay Area fires got their names
- How to prepare for a wildfire evacuation
- Most destructive California wildfires in history
- Camp Fire is deadliest wildfire in California history
- How are wildfires started? A look at the causes of some of the worst in California history
- Safety tips to remember when returning home after wildfire
- VIDEO: How to prepare your pets in case of disaster
- The difference between containing and controlling a wildfire
- How wildfire smoke can impact your health
- What's in wildfire smoke? How it can impact your health