SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- LeBron James had 30 points, nine rebounds and nine assists and the Los Angeles Lakers eliminated the defending NBA champion Golden State Warriors with a 122-101 victory Friday night in Game 6 of the second-round series.
The seventh-seeded Lakers will face Nikola Jokic and the top-seeded Nuggets in the Western Conference finals starting Tuesday night in Denver.
RELATED: Warriors fall to Lakers in Game 6, eliminated from playoffs
Anthony Davis had 17 points and 20 rebounds for the Lakers, who never trailed in a closeout victory that punctuated their increasingly incredible late-season surge.
Austin Reaves scored 23 points, highlighted by a 54-footer from midcourt at the halftime buzzer for the Lakers. They improved to 7-0 at home since the regular season ended with three wins in seven days over the Warriors. Los Angeles also snapped Golden State's streak of 28 playoff series with at least one road victory - an NBA-record run encompassing Stephen Curry's entire career.
Warriors vs. Lakers schedule:
- Tuesday, May 2 -- Lakers @ Warriors -- LAKERS WIN
- Thursday, May 4 -- Lakers @ Warriors -- WARRIORS WIN
- Saturday, May 6 -- Warriors @ Lakers -- LAKERS WIN
- Monday, May 8 -- Warriors @ Lakers -- LAKERS WIN
- Wednesday, May 10 -- Lakers @ Warriors -- WARRIORS WIN
- Friday, May 12 -- Warriors @ Lakers -- LAKERS WIN
Warriors vs. Kings schedule:
- Saturday, April 15: Warriors @ Kings - KINGS WIN
- Monday, April 17: Warriors @ Kings - KINGS WIN
- Thursday, April 20: Kings @ Warriors - WARRIORS WIN
- Sunday, April 23: Kings @ Warriors - WARRIORS WIN
- Wednesday, April 26: Warriors @ Kings - WARRIORS WIN
- Friday, April 28: Kings @ Warriors - KINGS WIN
- Sunday, April 30: Warriors @ Kings - WARRIORS WIN
Stephen Curry scored a playoff career-high 50 points and answered time and again to will the defending champions on in their quest for a repeat, Kevon Looney grabbed 21 rebounds, and the Golden State Warriors advanced to the Western Conference semifinals by beating the Sacramento Kings 120-100 in Sunday's winner-take-all Game 7.
Curry's points are the most in NBA history in a Game 7, topping former teammate Kevin Durant's 48 for the Nets against Milwaukee in 2021.
The Associated Press contributed to this article.
RELATED WARRIORS STORIES AND VIDEOS:
- Warriors fall to Lakers in Game 6, eliminated from playoffs
- Warriors stave off elimination, force Game 6 by beating Lakers 121-106
- Down 3-1, Warriors offer reminder: 'We made history before'
- Lakers rally past Warriors 104-101, take 3-1 series lead
- Dub Nation packs Thrive City to capacity as Warriors fall to Lakers in game 3 of semifinals
- Warriors lose 127-97 to Lakers in Western Conference Semifinals; LA leads series 2-1
- Fans confident after Warriors defeat Lakers 127-100 in Game 2 blowout; series now even
- Davis, James deliver as Lakers top Curry, Warriors in Game 1
- Stars pay tribute to Stephen Curry after 50-point NBA playoff game
- More than 2,000 Warriors fans go wild at Thrive City after Game 7 blowout win against Kings
- Warriors win against Kings 120-100, advancing to Western Conference Semifinals
- Kings defeat Warriors 118-99, force Game 7 in Sacramento on Sunday
- Warriors come out flat, fail to close out Kings in Game 6
- Warriors defeat Kings 123-116 for 3-2 series lead
- Warriors beat Kings, 126-125, in game 4 of NBA playoffs, tying series 2-2
- Warriors' Draymond Green comes off bench in Game 4
- Draymond Green to keep being 'who I am' despite suspension
- Warriors beat Kings 114-97 in Game 3 without Green
- NBA suspends Warriors Draymond Green for Game 3 against Kings
- Kings beat Warriors 114-106 to take 2-0 series lead
- Warriors' Green ejected from Game 2 after kicking Kings' Sabonis
- Witness recalls moments leading up to E-40's ejection from Kings-Warriors game in Sacramento
- Warriors fan, rapper E-40 ejected, cites 'racial bias'
- Kings defeat Warriors 126-123 in playoff return
- Warriors' Andrew Wiggins cleared for Game 1 of NBA playoffs
- Warriors vs. Kings: Tickets nearly twice as expensive in Sacramento as they are at Chase Center
- Warriors to face off against Sacramento Kings in 1st round of Western Conference playoffs
- NBA playoffs 2023: The stars, stats and storylines that matter most this postseason