NOVATO, Calif. (KGO) -- About a third of the seniors living in an apartment complex in Novato are in wheelchairs or use walkers. When the power went out, some were on the fourth floor with no elevator. They described trying to move around in total darkness once the emergency lights eventually went out.
ABC7 News Reporter Leslie Brinkley has the story in the video above.
For the latest stories about PG&E's Public Safety Power Shutoff go here.
RELATED POWER OUTAGE STORIES & VIDEOS:
- PG&E Power Outage: How long will this last, what's happening with PG&E, where can you get help?
- Should you file a claim with PG&E?
- PG&E tower near ignition point of Sonoma County wildfire was not shut off, had broken equipment
- How to prepare for PG&E power shutdowns
- Tips for getting through a long-term power outage
- A look back at PG&E's history of blackouts
- How to store electricity before a power outage