The Quarantine Unicorns are a group of women in Gilroy who became good friends while doing CrossFit. Wanting to bring joy to one of their friends who just had a baby, the women donned unicorn costumes, brought food to their friend's front yard and started dancing!
RELATED: East Bay DJ brings free socially distanced driveway dance parties to families
Word caught on quickly in the community of the dancing unicorns and pretty soon the Quarantine Unicorns were born! They were completely on a volunteer basis and have appeared all over the Bay Area including Nob Hill in San Francisco on Easter!
Quarentine Unicorn 🦄 Birthday Surprise! Kaetrina Hurst turns 6 today & her mom invited the volunteer unicorns from Gilroy to help make her day extra special! #coronavirus #COVIDkindness pic.twitter.com/ebVzRzfxRb— Dion Lim (@DionLimTV) April 28, 2020
On Monday six-year-old Kaetrina Lee Hurst was surprised when by the Quarantine Unicorns outside her Gilroy home after her mother requested them for her socially distanced frozen birthday party.
"It's priceless seeing my daughter's big smile...it's magic money can't buy. I'll do everything for my children to make them happy!" beams Kathy Hurst.
RELATED: No party, no problem: Bay Area firefighters, police bring birthday surprise to 2 kids amid coronavirus crisis
You can learn more about the Quarantine Unicorns at their Instagram page @quarantine_unicorns
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here. Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- Coronavirus data: See how the curve of COVID-19 cases is bending in each Bay Area county
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: ABC7's interactive town hall 'Race and Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation'
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- Coronavirus and the new normal of living in the San Francisco-Bay Area -- COVID-19 Diaries
- Happy hour goes virtual as people try to be sociable while social distancing during COVID-19 crisis
- Coronavirus Outbreak: Here's why you should practice 'social distancing'
- DRONEVIEW7: What the Bay Area looks like during the coronavirus shelter-in-place
- ABC7's drive around San Francisco shows empty streets, businesses shuttered
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19