KELSEYVILLE, Calif. (KGO) -- A new round of mandatory evacuations has been issued for communities threatened by the Mendocino Complex fires. Residents in parts of Mendocino and Lake counties, as well as near the National Forest, have been ordered to leave.
The latest evacuation orders and advisories can be found on the Mendocino County Sheriff's Facebook page.
Combined, the Ranch and River fires have burned more than 110,000 acres. The causes of the fires is still unknown.
Big flames marched over ridges, igniting dry brush instantly. The relentless Ranch Fire moved closer to the community of Upper Lake Thursday afternoon.
RELATED: The latest evacuation orders for Shasta County's Carr Fire, Mendocino County's Complex Fire
"The kids have left. The grand kids have left," said Michael Vera, who chose to stay and protect his home despite mandatory evacuations still in place. "It's stressful. In the morning, you can't see anything. You don't know what's going on."
More communities in Western Lake County are now under new mandatory evacuation orders and more could follow.
"It wouldn't be uncommon to see additional communities go under mandatory evacuation like what we saw in Bartlett Springs," said Cal Fire spokesperson Paul Lowenthal.
"It's been hell," said Nice resident Jesse Geist. "You wake up, can't breathe -- nose is running."
MAPS: Wildfires burning across California
Geist had to leave his home in Nice and is staying in a motor home parked on the side of Highway 20, where he's taking care of his mom Maggie, who is disabled. All they want to do is go back home.
"We're doing what we can do," said Maggie.
"I still got 75 gallons of fuel. For now, just chill," Geist added.
KRCR, a local Redding station, is holding a fundraiser for Carr Fire survivors and victims. Visit this page for more information.
Get the latest on the Carr Fire here, the Complex Fire here and the latest on wildfires across California here.
RELATED WILDFIRE STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Mendocino Complex fires increase to more than 90,000 acres
- MAPS: Wildfires burning across California
- The latest evacuation orders for Shasta County's Carr Fire, Mendocino County's Complex Fire
- PHOTOS: Massive Carr Fire tears through Shasta County
- How to help Carr Fire victims in Redding and Shasta County, California
- Photos from the wildfires across California
- VIDEO: What it's like to fly over the Carr Fire in a Calif. National Guard plane
- VIDEO: Drive through Carr Fire near Redding reveals apocalyptic scenes
- VIDEO: Firefighters get brief rest in neighbor's yard during 'apocalyptic' Carr Fire in Shasta County
- VIDEO: New look at destruction from Carr Fire in Redding
- Most destructive California wildfires in history
- How to prepare for a wildfire evacuation
- PG&E may cut electricity during high fire danger, are you prepared?
- The difference between containing and controlling a wildfire
- These aircraft are on the front lines of the fight against California wildfires
- Wildfire masks: How to best protect yourself from smoke during a fire
- How wildfire smoke can impact your health
- How to sign up for emergency alerts where you live
- Surviving a long-term power outage
- Safety tips to remember when returning home after wildfire
- DIY: How to make a pet carrier in case of emergency
- How to prepare your pets in case of disaster