"It's heartbreaking. Our entire team is heartbroken," says SF Pride Executive Director Frank Lopez.
RELATED: Cancellations, closures related to COVID-19 in San Francisco Bay Area
Due to the uncertainty out there, Pride is not only canceled, but it will not be rescheduled this year either.
Tuesday the San Francisco Opera also announced that their 2020 Summer Season is canceled. Also there is still no timetable on NBA Basketball and Major League Baseball in the Bay Area.
Former Oakland Athletics executive Andy Dolich says there are too many unanswered questions, "but if I look at the fans coming back, a family of four where are they going to sit? Are they going to be able to sit together? How many rows are going to be empty? What is the entrance and exit like at the ballpark? Are we going to be able to tailgate?"
Dolich believes games with no fans would be a short-term solution that wouldn't work.
Outside Lands has not yet been canceled, but music insiders are doubtful about it actually taking place. In fact, some are predicting we won't see massive music gatherings until fall of 2021.
RELATED: Newsom unveils plan to reopen California, ease stay-at-home restrictions amid coronavirus pandemic
"We're at the park now and if someone is walking down the same sidewalk as us, one person with their dog, they're going to cross the street. So how do we go from that to hanging out sharing Porta Potties with 50,000 people in the park?" asks Jim Harrington, who is a music critic with the Mercury News.
Those thoughts are echoed by ABC7 News contributor and SF Chronicle Insider Phil Matier.
"How comfortable are you going to a concert wearing a mask how? How comfortable are you at a restaurant with other people? There are rules and then there is the comfort level, and ultimately I think the comfort level decides not only what we do here but what we do elsewhere."
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US,around the world
- Coronavirus data: See how the curve of COVID-19 cases is bending in each Bay Area county
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: ABC7's interactive town hall 'Race and Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation'
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- Coronavirus and the new normal of livingin the San Francisco-Bay Area -- COVID-19 Diaries
- Happy hour goes virtual as people try to be sociable while social distancing during COVID-19 crisis
- Coronavirus Outbreak: Here's why you should practice 'social distancing'
- DRONEVIEW7: What the Bay Area looks like during the coronavirus shelter-in-place
- ABC7's drive around San Francisco shows empty streets, businesses shuttered
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19