SAN JOSE, Calif. (KGO) -- There's a new neighborhood of sorts in San Jose - "Fairy Glen."
Lili Ghazian has transformed the area in front of her Willow Glen home on Celestine Avenue into a fairy wonderland.
It's a plan that's been in the works for months. She first saw an article about a similar idea months ago.
RELATED: Need to smile? 7 heartwarming ways Bay Area communities are coming together during the coronavirus pandemic
"That was it. I knew I had to do this," she said.
Ghazian was waiting for summer to unveil her magic, but after the stay-at-home order when into effect, she got to work.
She's hung decorations from trees and attached "fairy doors" to the trunks.
"I wanted to bring joy and positive messaging to kids and their families and no better time than doing it now," Ghazian said.
RELATED: Bay Area neighbors put teddy bears in home windows to entertain kids amid COVID-19 pandemic
Every day Ghazian discretely adds a new door with a little message written on it.
Sometimes kids leave something in return.
"Not me, but fairies get a lot of notes from the kids and on those they express how happy they are the fairies are in Willow Glen," she said.
"My heart fills up with joy every single time. It never gets old. It's beyond what I hoped for."
Ghazian says as soon as she can get enough supplies, she hopes to expand the fairy wonderland to other yards.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic hereRELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US,around the world
- Coronavirus data: See how the curve of COVID-19 cases is bending in each Bay Area county
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: ABC7's interactive town hall 'Race and Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation'
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- Coronavirus and the new normal of livingin the San Francisco-Bay Area -- COVID-19 Diaries
- Happy hour goes virtual as people try to be sociable while social distancing during COVID-19 crisis
- Coronavirus Outbreak: Here's why you should practice 'social distancing'
- DRONEVIEW7: What the Bay Area looks like during the coronavirus shelter-in-place
- ABC7's drive around San Francisco shows empty streets, businesses shuttered
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19