HALF MOON BAY, Calif. (KGO) -- A preliminary magnitude 3.9 earthquake struck near San Juan Bautista in San Benito County Thursday morning, according to the United States Geological Survey.
The video in the player above is not related to the current story. The ABC7 Bay Area 24/7 streaming channel allows you to see news throughout the day.
The quake happened at 9:15 a.m.
San Juan Bautista is about 15 miles south of Gilroy.
So far, there have no reports of any major damage or injuries.
This comes as Biden visits the region on Thursday to tour storm damage in Santa Cruz and Santa Clara counties.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Prepare NorCal: Disaster Preparedness Resources
- Earthquake scale: How they are measured and what the magnitude and intensity scales mean
- How to prepare your pets in case of disaster
- What is an earthquake? This is what happens when the ground starts to shake
- California's Shake Alert earthquake warning system tested in Oakland
- New earthquake map app reveals risk where you live
- Seismologists say California is in an earthquake drought
- Ceremonies mark 113th anniversary of 1906 earthquake in SF
- From the Archives: ABC7's Peabody Award winning coverage of 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake
- San Francisco mayor issues executive directive to make sure all skyscrapers are safe
- Earthquake early warning app for Los Angeles County now available for download
- San Mateo County residents will soon be automatically signed up to receive emergency alerts
- ABC7's Leslie Brinkley remembers driving across the Bay Bridge during Loma Prieta earthquake
- Is San Francisco ready for the next big disaster, earthquake?