SUNOL, Calif. (KGO) -- If you saw thick smoke in the sky Thursday afternoon, you're not alone. ABC7 News is tracking the Scenic Fire, the Canyon Fire, the Benicia Fire, the Timm Fire the Kirker Fire and the Edgewood Fire. Here's what we know about several wildfires burning in or near Port Costa, Crockett, Sunol, Pleasanton, Benicia, Vacaville, Pittsburg, Concord and San Mateo County.
CAL FIRE says crews are responding to a vegetation fire in the area of Hale Avenue and Live Oak Avenue in an unincorporated part of Morgan Hill.
Initial reports say the fire is about two to three acres in size.
CAL FIRE says crews have stopped the forward progress on a 105-acre wildfire on Kirker Pass Road between Pittsburg and Concord.
The investigation determined a malfunctioning vehicle caused the fire. Expect Kirker Pass Road to be closed for the next two hours.
Authorities in the East Bay have given an "all clear" for Port Costa after a fast-moving 120-acre wildfire burned dangerously close to homes.
All evacuation orders have been lifted and firefighters will remain at the scene through the night to continue to work towards full containment. The fire is now 80% contained.
According to CAL FIRE, during the height of the fire aircraft on scene were reporting "erratic behavior."
Firefighters will remain at scene strengthening containment lines as they work towards full containment of this incident
Officials say forward progress has been stopped on a 71-acre wildfire burning near Sunol and Pleasanton. The blaze, which is 60% contained, is burning on the ridge between Fremont and Pleasanton, according to fire officials.
In an interview with ABC7 News, a CAL FIRE official said there's a threat to transmission lines.
All evacuation orders for Kilkare Rd. in Sunol and Golden Eagle Estates in Pleasanton have been lifted.
CAL FIRE says crews remained on scene through the night to continue to work towards full containment.
Forward progress has been stopped on this fire burning near the Valero Refinery.
The Benicia Police Department tweeted the following: "Our Public Safety Dispatchers are getting an overwhelming reports of the grass fire on Corte Dorado near the Valero refinery. We are aware and @BeniciaFire is on scene. Please follow @BeniciaFire for the latest updates on the situation."
The City of Benicia tweeted, "Due to wildfire smoke, people in sensitive groups such as those with heart or lung disease, the elderly, children, and pregnant women should limit prolonged outdoor activities. Consider keeping doors and windows closed. If cooling is needed, turn to re-circulate mode."
This fire burning near Vacaville.
According to CAL FIRE, the blaze was originally 39 acres but has since been downsized to 26 acres, and is 80% contained. Forward progress has been stopped. Firefighters will be in the area for the next few hours working on containment and putting out hot spots.
CAL FIRE says the 20-acre Edgewood Fire burning in San Mateo County is now 98% contained. All evacuation orders have been downgraded to warnings on the six-alarm fire.
PG&E has filed an incident report with the California Public Utilities commission out of an abundance of caution due to numerous media inquiries following this fire.
According to an incident report filed by PG&E with the California Public Utilities Commission, CAL FIRE collected PG&E equipment from the Emerald Lake Distribution Circuit in the vicinity of the Edgewood Fire.
The report says the equipment was collected about a half-mile away from where the fire initially started.
When we reached out to PG&E, the spokesperson did not directly comment on the incident report saying in part the fire cause is still under investigation.
CAL FIRE says crews are responding to a vegetation fire that broke out in the area of Tesla Road and Corral Hollow Road in a remote area of Alameda County 11 miles southeast of Livermore.
Officials say the fire is now 100% contained at 524 acres burned.
App users: For a better experience, click here to view the full map in a new window
This story will be updated as firefighters get blazes under control or new fires break out. Check back for updates.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map shows riskiest areas in California for damaging wildfires
- How to prepare for a wildfire evacuation
- How to prepare your pets in case of disaster
- How to make a pet carrier in case of emergency
- Most destructive California wildfires in history
- The deadliest wildfires in California history
- Live: Track Bay Area air quality levels
- How are wildfires started? A look at the causes of some of the worst in California history
- The difference between containing and controlling a wildfire
- What's in wildfire smoke? How it can impact your health
- What are the diablo winds and how can they influence Northern California wildfires?
- What you need to know about Santa Ana winds and California wildfires
- Safety tips to remember when returning home after wildfire
- How to pick a mask for protection during a wildfire
- Red flag warning: What to do during dangerous fire conditions
- Everything to know about red flame retardant dropped during wildfires
- What happens to animals during wildfires?
- How to drive safely during a power outage
- How wildfires create a serious threat for flooding and mudflows
- These aircraft are on the front lines of the fight against California wildfires