DONATE: How to donate medical supplies to hospitals in the San Francisco Bay Area
One nurse described what they're being told to do to stretch their resources.
"We don't know how long our PPE will last. So whether or not they have the PPE they claim they have, I don't know. All I know is we're being told to reuse masks not only through one shift but to hang them up and pick them up for another shift," said Anna Fernandez, nurse.
RELATED: Medical supply shortage takes toll on Bay Area nurses, doctors
"I think it's a time for us to raise our voices I think nurses across the country are concerned. Physicians are concerned. You just have to look at social media. There are places where PPE is in short supply. Luckily, we are not one of them," said Michael Anderson, M.D., Senior Vice President UCSF Benioff Children's Hospitals.
Anderson said they have enough protective gear for five weeks.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- Coronavirus and the new normal of living in the San Francisco-Bay Area -- COVID-19 Diaries
- Happy hour goes virtual as people try to be sociable while social distancing during COVID-19 crisis
- Coronavirus Outbreak: Here's why you should practice 'social distancing'
- DRONEVIEW7: What the Bay Area looks like during the coronavirus shelter-in-place
- ABC7's drive around San Francisco shows empty streets, businesses shuttered
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- Coronavirus in CA: Get resources and information about COVID-19
- Bay Area school closures related to coronavirus pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- How coronavirus compares with the flu
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Busting COVID-19 coronavirus myths: Facts from the Centers for Disease Control
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19