SANTA CLARA, Calif. (KGO) -- Fans began filing into Levi's Stadium from all parts of the Bay Area and beyond hours before Taylor Swift's first Santa Clara Concert.
One family came in from Salinas at least 8 hours prior.
"My daughter is a Taylor fanatic so we're all coming as a family," said Anastasia.
But in their eagerness to secure concert tickets, the family forgot about parking.
"Once we remembered that we needed to look into parking, it was already sold out and resell, they were selling them up to $400," Anastasia said.
So public transit became their savior, turning out to be an even better alternative to parking at Levi's Stadium.
"We don't have the headache of the traffic trying to get out of there," Anastasia said, "I'm glad we have this option."
With service directly to Levi's Stadium, VTA has been marketing the transit system as the best option for Taylor Swift concertgoers.
Though light rail cars are always packed during Levi's Stadium events, VTA says this event is especially unique.
"We normally take between 10 and 15% of a sold-out crowd at the stadium," said spokesperson Stacey Hendler Ross. "This time, there are going to be a lot more people who are not going to be inside the stadium. So it's anybody's guess how many thousands of people may be there just hanging out, enjoying the vibe, taking in the music from outside the stadium."
VTA says it's expecting many people unfamiliar with the system to use it and will have ambassadors at many of the stations to help passengers out.
"What people need to know is their stop for Levi's Stadium is the Great America Station," Hendler Ross said. "One of the best things they can do is download the transit app on their phone, because it will give them all the information they need about when the trains are coming how often they'll run, what stations are closest to them."
VTA says train service is going to continue for at least one hour after the Friday and Saturday concerts, whether there's an encore or not.
They encourage everyone to keep track of other public transit schedules like BART or CalTrain if you're planning to connect.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- From friendship bracelets to epic outfits, Taylor Swift's The Eras Tour takes over Levi's Stadium
- Singing, sequins and smiles fill Levi's Stadium for Taylor Swift's The Eras Tour
- Everything you need to know before Taylor Swift's The Eras Tour at Levi's
- Why you can't sit outside Levi's Stadium to listen to Taylor Swift without a ticket
- The Eras Tour setlist: What will Taylor Swift play for her 2-night concert at Levi's Stadium?
- Swifties trade bracelets, get matching tattoos ahead of Santa Clara shows
- Just how much is Taylor Swift's tour helping businesses? Find out here
- Thousands of Swifties wait for hours for merchandise ahead of Levi's Stadium shows
- Levi's Stadium reverses friendship bracelet ban at Taylor Swift concert; 'Taylor-gating' not allowed
- Santa Clara dubs Taylor Swift honorary mayor, renames city 'Swiftie Clara' during Eras Tour stop
- Hotels are pretty much booked up for upcoming Taylor Swift concerts in Santa Clara
- Families experience ADA seating confusion for Taylor Swift Levi's Stadium show
- Bay Area Taylor Swift fan's identity stolen for ticket scam
- 2 moms team up to foil Taylor Swift Eras Tour ticket scam on Facebook
- BBB warns about Taylor Swift concert ticket scams as Bay Area shows near
- Success of 'Speak Now (Taylor's Version)' gives Swift the record for most No. 1 albums by a woman
- Some Taylor Swift fans say they're wearing adult diapers to her shows so they don't miss any songs
- Some Taylor Swift fans claim intense experience at live shows causes 'post-concert amnesia'
- Moms buy Taylor Swift tickets through StubHub, but company doesn't really have them
- StubHub seller won't give girls Taylor Swift tickets purchased 6 months ago. See what happens next
- Taylor Swift fans sue Ticketmaster after messy tour ticket sale
If you're on the ABC7 News app, click here to watch live