SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The Golden State Warriors are NBA champions again after beating the Boston Celtics in Game 6 and Dub Nation came out on Monday to celebrate!
The Warriors described the celebration as a "free-flowing and engaging celebratory event for fans, with the opportunity to share in the up-close excitement of the 2022 NBA Championship with the warriors, their players, coaches, legends and staff."
VIDEO: Highlights of Warriors NBA Championship Parade 2022 in SF
The team's 7th title means a lot to more than just the Warriors themselves. It also is a win for the city.
"It means everything. You know, everyone doubted us. They said we wouldn't make it back, and they proved everyone wrong," said fan Alliyah Taylor.
PHOTOS: 2022 Warriors championship parade in San Francisco
And after two difficult years of the pandemic, many say they're looking forward to having some fun.
"Games have been different. Everything's been different for the past two years, so to just have finally a parade to celebrate, and to just celebrate this team and what they accomplished this year I think it will be huge," said Ariana Wagner.
VIDEO: Warriors return to Bay Area after winning 7th NBA title
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS
- Warriors beat Celtics 103-90 to win 4th NBA title in 8 years
- NBA Finals 2022: The seven moments that supercharged the return of the Golden State Warriors' dynasty
- Some Celtics fans admit they're now concerned about Curry, Thompson, Green ahead of Game 6
- Warriors-Celtics back and forth heats up as Boston bar pushes 'Ayesha Curry Can't Cook' saying
- Dubs season ticket holders start podcast to share love, 'marriage' to the Warriors
- Bay Area athletes unite to cheer for Warriors during another NBA Finals run
- 'Fake Klay Thompson' banned from Chase Center for life after impersonating Warriors star
- NBA Finals: Warriors fans call Celtics' vulgar Draymond Green cheers 'dirty' and 'disrespectful'
- Wiggins delivers on both ends, Warriors lead NBA Finals 3-2
- Warriors Dance Cam Mom dancing with Dubs all the way to the NBA Finals
- Bay Area's Mistah F.A.B., former Boston Celtics stars Eddie House and Leon Powe talk NBA Finals
- Warriors star Stephen Curry's diagnosis for Game 4 of NBA Finals: 'I'm going to play'
- Celtics fans in Boston offer ABC7 crew tissues after predicting Warriors' loss in Game 3
- 9-year-old fan whose Warriors bicycle was stolen gifted Game 2 tickets from team
- Best sights and sounds from Celtics-Warriors Game 2
- Twitter erupts over CeeLo singing anthem at Finals despite 2014 tweets about rape
- Amid shooting slump, Warriors' Klay Thompson relives 'great moments' online
- 'It's one game': Golden State Warriors say they'll learn from stunning Game 1 loss to Boston Celtics in NBA Finals
- Curry wins inaugural Magic Johnson Western Conference finals MVP award
- Stephen Curry says this is best stretch of basketball by current version of Golden State Warriors
If you're on the ABC7 News app, click here to watch live