Prior to coming back, Warriors General Manager Bob Myers says Durant worked with the Warriors medical team for four weeks. They felt good about the process and Durant was cleared to play.
NBA FINALS: Golden State already bracing for life without KD
Myers tearfully explained during last night's press conference that no one should be blamed for what happened, but if you need to point the finger. Blame him.
"I don't believe there's anybody to blame," Myers said. "But I understand this world, and if you have to, you can blame me. I run my basketball operations department."
"For him to put his health on the line to come back and compete at the highest level, he's one of the best to ever do it. I want to try to win this for him. We missed him. We just hope for him a speedy recovery. That's our brother and to be honest it's very deflating, it's hard to celebrate this win," said Klay Thompson.
NBA FINALS SCHEDULE: Golden State Warriors vs. Toronto Raptors
Steph Curry and head coach Steve Kerr expressed those same sentiments.
After the game, Kevin Durant posted a statement to Instagram:
Durant's mother, Wanda Durant, showed her support for son too:
For ALL of you who question my son as a Man, question his Heart, question his Integrity and question his LOVE for the game of basketball, you DON’T know him. He has a heart of a true Warrior! This too shall pass. God Bless you ALL. pic.twitter.com/y0qcQ5Boga— Wanda Durant (@MamaDurant) June 11, 2019
As Kevin Durant was escorted off the court, some Raptors fans began to cheer. Raptors players Serge Ibaka and Kyle Lowry quickly let them know that was not right. It almost looked like Kyle Lowry was trying to console Durant as well when he got up from the ground.
Get hyped about the Golden State Warriors here.
ESPN contributed to this report.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- LIST: Why the rest of the country hates the Golden State Warriors
- Can the Warriors pull off this epic comeback without Kevin Durant?
- Warriors believe Kevin Durant has torn Achilles, ESPN reports
- 'An incredible win and a horrible loss': Scenes from an unforgettable Game 5
- Fans, celebrities and families weigh in on Warriors win, Kevin Durant injury
- Nurse: Late timeout was to give Raptors a rest
- Source: Durant plans to play in Game 5 Monday
- Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson need some help
- NBA Finals: Warriors fans hoping for epic comeback
- How rude! Raptors dunk on Warriors with Full House-inspired tweet
- When the lights go down in the town: Warriors might have seen Oracle for last time
- NBA Finals: Golden State Warriors confirm co-owner shoved Raptors' Kyle Lowry
- VIDEO: Kevin Durant talks smack to Drake after Game 2 win
- Sources: Warriors' Looney could return in Finals
- NBA Finals: Warriors Klay Thompson to play Game 4, report says
- Raptors hit big shots, beat Warriors for 2-1 NBA Finals lead
- Fans from all over show up to Game 3 of NBA finals to cheer on Warriors, Raptors
- GMA's Robin Roberts sends love to Dub Nation and Oakland
- We The Lost? Toronto Raptors post pregame photo on wrong bridge
- Can the Raptors break through against this depleted defense?
- Warriors' Looney likely out for Finals with fracture
- Klay (hamstring) to get MRI, confident for Wed.
- How Draymond Green found his zen
- Bay Area beats, dance troops and sequins: How Oracle becomes 'Roaracle'
- Six-minute monster: The Warriors' run that won Game 2
- Coaches, trainers and Kyle Lowry: What we think we know in a 1-1 Finals
- Cousins savors big Game 2: 'Incredible moment'
- What Draymond sees: The Warriors star details his unique game
- Durant to miss Game 2; Iguodala likely after MRI
- What did Drake say to Draymond Green? Warriors' star says the two 'barked' but no scuffle
- The Warriors struggled in Game 1 without the security of Kevin Durant
- Siakam stars for Raptors with all-around effort
- Cousins relishes 'incredible feeling' in return
- Toronto air traffic controller has fun with Warriors jet pilot
- Raptors take NBA Finals opener, beat Warriors 118-109
- Cousins to be active for Warriors in Game 1
- Golden State Warriors fans geared up for NBA Finals watch party at Oracle Arena
- Green: My role 'completely changes' without KD
- Bettors overwhelmingly back Warriors in Game 1
- Warriors vs. Raptors: What you need to know about Toronto and its fans
- NBA Finals' top 30 Warriors and Raptors: Where are KD and Boogie?
- Report: Kevin Durant fly with Golden State Warriors to Toronto for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- NBA Finals: Trash talking a Torontonian
- 5-on-5: What we're most excited about in this NBA Finals
- Warriors to face former players Patrick McCaw and Jeremy Lin in the NBA Finals
- Warriors' Stephen Curry celebrates with his son after sweeping the Trail Blazers
- Warriors head coach Steve Kerr makes history with Western Conference Championship
- KD disputes idea Warriors are better without him
- What we know and don't know about this Warriors-Raptors Finals
- Warriors senior dance team says time bittersweet as end nears for basketball at Oracle
- KD unlikely for Game 1; Cousins 'up in the air'
- Inside the relationship that unleashed Steph Curry's greatness
- Thompson shocked when told of All-NBA snub
- Warriors heavy favorites over Raptors for Finals
- Golden State Warriors return to Bay Area as Western Conference champs
- Peak Stephen Curry was unleashed in the Western Conference finals
- Draymond: Warriors still need KD back for Finals
- Golden State faces 10-day wait for Finals opener
- Warriors' Iguodala (calf strain) sits out Game 4
- Kerr: Green 'a wrecking ball' in comeback win
- 'I was trying to get in his head': The Curry sibling rivalry briefly took over Game 2